—-> There many complex legal matters that have arisen as a result of COVID-19, from small legal disputes to larger claims. Below are some examples of Lawsuits for COVID-19 in some areas that may be as a result of negligence and breaches that led either injury or financial loss:
- Nursing homes, where the virus has been most deadly
- Companies accused of price gouging.
- Insurance companies for denying claims.
- Airlines are being sued for not refunding tickets or losing vacations.
- Cruise lines for negligence in their response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Schools, from students who are demanding partial refunds on tuition and campus fees, arguing they’re not getting the calibre of education they were promised.
- Landlords for their breach of obligations re: safety and maintenance.
- Tenants for their breach of obligations re: safety and breaking the COVID-19 rules of physical distancing